Tuesday, July 19, 2011

(lack of) Hair

I did not lose all of the hair on my head during chemotherapy.  Only about 75%-90% of it:)  The funny thing is that the hair that I did keep kept growing.  It made for an interesting look for a while.  Well, I have finally shaved it (again) in hopes that my hair will grow in more even.  I am starting to see some little hairs burst from the follicles.  Very exciting stuff!

I really do not mind the simplicity of not having hair.  I'm really not a big fan of styling, and now I can seriously take a shower in less than 2 minutes which leaves a lot more time for things like.....blogging.  I even think I look pretty good bald (ok, so I exaggerate); but I definitely look more bad-ass than I've ever looked before.

Honestly, though, I am very self-conscious about not having hair.  Even though I strut around my house hatless all the time; I have not gone out in public without something on my head.   I think it is because the bald head is like announcing to the world that I have (had) cancer.  I realize the irony that I write a blog about my experience with cancer, yet I don't want to go out in public and be thought of as that poor girl with cancer.  Interestingly, I must be good at not looking like I just finished chemo as not once has a stranger asked me a question about my headwear or treated me like I was sick.  I like that!

So, without further ado, here I am:

I'm trying to look as bad-ass as I can.  Notice the rain drops and cloudy sky.

Profile of my bald head.  Notice the beautiful blue skies.  
This is 15 minutes later; storm passed, sun out, need sunglasses.


I really wanted a more professional bald photo with beautiful scenery in the background, but we haven't really had time for that, and thankfully I'm running out of bald time.  Our deck will do!

Not related to hair, but warranting mentioning, my body seems to have adjusted to the Tamoxifen.  The muscle cramps seem to have gone away.   Yeah!!!!!

I also had an incredible acupuncture appointment yesterday.  Today, I feel like a rock star.

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! You look beautiful....now if you could only get a bit of tan....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a ice round head! Keeping yah in my prayers and thought down south =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the cycling tan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think you should keep that look for a while. Seriously. I would never guess cancer, just one confident, super-fit girl, especially with those quads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like a rock star! And I agree with Krista - you look strong and confident. Congrats on the re-growing hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Nice pics. You also look beyond amazingly fit after everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sexy and fit....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total bad ass! Has the mafia contacted you to be their new hit man yet?

    ReplyDelete